Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Powered by Blogger

Google
 
adsensetrustedwebsite.blogspot.com

Jumat, 04 April 2008

The Ads

I routinely check my AdSense account, even on weekends, because one of the great features about AdSense is that revenue is tracked by the system as it happens, with very little delay. That Saturdaytwo days after the Vioxx recall and one day after I had written the parodyI made just over $26 from the ads on my site.This was a much higher value than normal for my site.
As it turns out, one of the tongue-in-cheek "predictions" I had made had come true. In the parody, I had a so-called "industry analyst" (whose name is actually an anagram for what do I know) talk about the impact of the Vioxx recall on Google's revenues:
"Google's revenues might actually increase because now a lot of lawyers and consumer advocacy groups will start buying ads urging people to sue Merck. Lawyers are willing to pay a lot to find the right people to file for class action suits. This could actually be a short-term bonanza for Google."
This particular prediction was right on the money. Almost overnight, law firms had started placing Vioxx-related advertisements. They smelled opportunity (expensive litigation) and were looking for potential clients. And they were willing to pay to get to them. As I discovered, the lawyers were paying Google several dollars per click, an unusually high amountper-click fees of between 5 and 50 cents are the norm. The Vioxx recall was definitely good for Google, and, by extension, good for me!

0 komentar: